These delicious, healthy and super easy to make cookie bars are the perfect way to curb those sugar cravings in a healthier way! Whether as a 3pm snack, after dinner dessert or crumbled onto oatmeal in the mornings, this recipe will add some happiness and chocolatey goodness to your day!
- 2 cups fresh leftover almond milk pulp (from Homemade Vanilla Almond Milk (you will never buy store-bought again) recipe)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- To make this recipe vegan, replace the eggs with chia or flax eggs and the chocolate chips with vegan chipits.
- Don’t have almond milk pulp? No problem! Add 2 cups almond flour + 2/3 cup almond milk instead.
- If using almond milk pulp that has been kept in the fridge, add 1/2 cup almond milk to it, since it will dry out in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and stir till combined.
- Combine the eggs, coconut oil, peanut butter and vanilla in a separate smaller bowl. Stir till thoroughly combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix till combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix till combined.
- Pour into a oiled 8X8 inch baking pan and pat down the mixture till the surface is evenly distributed throughout the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Any questions or comments? I would LOVE to hear from you!!
I have a number of other recipe videos in the works and cannot wait to share them with you as well!