A gluten free and healthier alternative to your favourite pasta dishes! This incredibly easy to make recipe is exploding with colour, flavour, nutrients and good for you ingredients. Give it a try in place of your regular go-to pasta dish, you won’t regret it!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- Bergeron Cheese (or your favourite of cheese)
- Organic Baby Spinach
- Organic Bell Pepper (chopped)
- OPTIONAL: add in diced chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the spaghetti squash long-ways, so you are left with two oval halves.
- Scoop out the seed filled centre. Brush the center-less halves with a small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the cut and seasoned sides face down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Wait 10 minutes for the halves to cool, then with a spoon scoop out the spaghetti-look-alike squash from both halves.
- In a Wok, with a small amount of olive oil, add your garlic and onion. Sauté till both are golden brown. Add the spaghetti squash, and season with as much cayenne and chili powder as desired. Stir till combined.
- Add the chopped pepper. Stir to combine mixture evenly.
- Line a bowl with baby spinach and scoop your spaghetti squash mixture on top. Top with your favourite cheese.