These are seriously TO DIE FOR! Not only are they the absolute PERFECT texture, but also are not too overly sweet! They overly exceeded my expectations since they were an all around fun experiment of ingredients that just so happened to turn into something magical! They will definitely be made again very soon.
This recipe will please all those die hard chocaholics (myself included) who experience those chocolatey cravings…and thankfully this dessert is also SECRETLY HEALTHY! So it can be enjoyed 100% guilt free!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (or regular chipits)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- TOPPING: 1/3 cup mini vegan chocolate chips (or regular chipits)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line either a loaf pan, or 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil and 1/3 cup chocolate chips. Stir together till melted and smooth. Remove from heat and transfer into a medium sized bowl to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar and flour.
- Add the greek yoghurt to the cooled chocolate and coconut oil mixture and stir to combine. Add in the maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in intervals. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the batter into the lined baking pan and bang on the counter to even out the surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes. **The brownies will look undercooked, but still remove them from the oven after 20 minutes (they are not undercooked).
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top once cooled!