This delicious, cheesy, zucchini dish is a new favourite of mine! Not only does it only take 10 minutes from start to finish to make, but incorporates ingredients that are both flavourful and scrumptious. Using zucchini as the basis for a recipe has amazing health benefits, as one medium sized zucchini contains only 31 calories, 514mg of potassium (more potassium than in a banana!), 2.2g of fibre and a whole lot of vitamin C! How great is that?! Sounds like a great lunch or dinner choice to me! I added in some cauliflower to this dish as well, to pack even more of a healthy punch, and its mild flavour and soft texture was a wonderful addition to the meal.
Makes around 3 servings (depending on the size of the zucchinis as well as if you use the cauliflower or not)
- 2 medium sized zucchinis (washed)
- 1/3 cup cheese (your favourite kind, I used sharp cheddar & jarlsberg combined)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Optional: Add in some steamed cauliflower (florets only)
1. Chop up your zucchinis into rounds. Place into a saucepan or Wok on low to medium heat, with a small amount of coconut oil.
2. Sautee for around 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Then add the oregano, and garlic powder and mix together.
3. Lastly, add the cheese and cauliflower florets. Stir to combine. Once cheese is lightly browned and melted remove from heat. Scoop into bowls.