WOW! These Cauliflower Nuggets honestly taste exactly like chicken nuggets! UNBELIEVABLE! They have almost the exact same consistency as chicken nuggets as well as are full of flavour, to satisfy those taste buds. They are easy to eat on-the-go and incredibly quick and simple to make! Surely these little nuggets will make for a wonderful crowd pleaser as appetizers or even as an addition to a meal. I surprised my boyfriend and made them for dinner and we were both so happy with how they turned out! Let me tell you…he is not an easy one to please when it comes to swapping out meat for veggies.
Give them a try tonight, you will not regret it!
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (you can use whichever type you prefer)
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Chop the florets off of the cauliflower and boil or steam then until they are tender. Once they are cooked, strain the water and put your cooked cauliflower into a blender or food processor. Blend on high until cauliflower gets to the consistency of lots of crumbs.
3. Then scoop your now chopped up cauliflower into a cheese cloth and try to squeeze out as much water as possible. If you don’t have a cheese cloth on hand, you can do this either using paper towel or a dish towel (it will just be a little messier).
4. In a large bowl combine all of the ingredient, leaving the bread crumbs to be added last. More bread crumbs may need to be added if not enough water was squeezed out of the cauliflower. Once all combined together, form the mixture into nuggets and place them on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 17-20 minutes (or until golden).
Any comments or questions? I would love to hear from you!
Given this recipe a try? Let me know what you think!