These yummy little treats are the perfect healthy dessert to fill that 3pm sugar craving! There is no sugar added to these and they are lactose free, vegan and INCREDIBLY SIMPLE TO MAKE! 🙂 What could be better!?
I am a peanut butter and chocolate fan so for me these didn’t last too long in my freezer! If you are not as big of a peanut butter fan however, you can always only include one layer of peanut butter instead of two, there are a number of different variations to this recipe, you just need to play around with ingredients to see which one you like best!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 8 dates
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup (honey and agave would also work)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 cups natural peanut butter (plus 4-5 tbsp extra if you want to top them with peanut butter)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (liquid form)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. For the base, add the dry ingredients to processor and blend until the nuts have broken down into small pieces. Add the dates and syrup, then blend. The mixture should be thick and stick together.
2. Press mixture into moulds of your choice (I used cupcake moulds) and refrigerate.
3. For the filling, whizz ingredients in the food processor until smooth and creamy. Pour over the bake and freeze until they are set. You can now spread on extra layer of anything you wish ontop! I had some left over filling so I mixed a little bit of cocoa powder with it and poured on top of some and then dusted with coconut sugar and chopped peanuts, but you can use peanut butter, dark chocolate…whatever you love! 🙂 These will melt if you leave them out of the freezer for a while, so they are best kept in the fridge or freezer.